Ever wonder why you should be paying for a DJ when you could simply connect your phone or tablet to a Bluetooth speaker and be done with it? Save the money or put it into something else for the event, right?! Or better yet, your cousin is a DJ, he will do it for a case of beer...
Sure you could set up a playlist or even connect to Spotify or Pandora. You know what you want to hear! Why rely on someone else? 5 reasons why:
1. DJs read a crowd and can keep the flow going at the moment, changing the next song quickly to keep the party going, where your playlist is static.
2. DJs balance what you want to hear, along with what your grandma and your sister's kids want to hear. There is no argument over what plays next. And DJs know about their music, and probably can find that obscure song your father loves...
3. DJ equipment is NOT your mother's stereo. Without going into detail about the advanced digital enhancements, sound balancing, feedback reduction during the toast... a DJ's sound system just sounds a lot better than your boombox.
4. DJs can stop the music for scheduled announcements and events quicker and with better timing than you.
5. Do you REALLY want to be distracted by someone asking YOU to change the music during your party? Do you REALLY want to rely on your cousin to be in charge of it when he is as ready to party as you?